[Eurobarometer] Announcement Webinar Scale Homogenization

Tineke de Jonge tineke.dejonge at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 06:10:27 EDT 2017

Dear list members,

At the Erasmus University Rotterdam we have developed some new methods to
improve the comparability of survey results for questions on the same topic
from different surveys. These methods are applicable in all fields of
survey research asking questions about perceptions and opinions, for
example in the field of wellbeing, health or political attitued. An example
of the application of these methods for which we made use of the time
series on happiness and life satisfaction from the Eurobarometer can be
found in our open access paper “Pooling Time Series Based on Slightly
Different Questions About the Same Topic Forty Years of Survey Research on
Happiness and Life Satisfaction in The Netherlands” (
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11205-015-0898-5).

To explain how these methods work, we are organizing a webinar that will
take place in October and November this year. If you are interested, you
can find more  information about the webinar at:

https://www.eur.nl/english/ehero/events/webinar_scale_homogenization/

Kind regards,

Tineke de Jonge

Guest Researcher

Erasmus Happiness Economics Research Organization (EHERO)

Erasmus University Rotterdam

The Netherlands