[Eurobarometer] Announcement: Register now for the 3rd GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology

Schneider, Silke Silke.Schneider at gesis.org
Fri Mar 7 07:30:43 EST 2014

****Apologies for cross-posting****

Dear colleagues,

The program for the 3rd GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology<http://www.gesis.org/summerschool> 2014 is online and registration is open. The Summer School will be held from August 7 to 29 at GESIS Cologne, Germany. We would be grateful if you could share this announcement with potential participants. Here is an overview of the courses on offer this year:

Short courses (August 7-8):
               • Course A: Introduction to Research Data Management for Social Scientists
               • Course B: Qualitative Methods
Week 1 (August 11-15):
               • Course 1: Introduction to Survey Design*
               • Course 2: Design and Implementation of Surveys in Developing Countries
               • Course 3: Mixed Methods*
               • Course 4: Introduction to the Structural Equation Modeling Framework
               • Course 5: Introduction to Web Surveys*
               • Course 6: Introduction to Data Analysis Using R
Week 2 (August 18-22):
               • Course 7: Understanding and Modeling Measurement Error
               • Course 8: Experimental Techniques in Survey Research
               • Course 9: Web Survey Instrument Design*
               • Course 10: Item Nonresponse and Multiple Imputation
               • Course 11: Mixed-Mode Surveys*
               • Course 12: Questionnaire Design*
Week 3 (August 25-29):
               • Course 13: Factorial Survey Designs
               • Course 14: Design and Implementation of Longitudinal Surveys*
               • Course 15: Data Quality and Fieldwork Management*
               • Course 16: Sampling, Weighting, and Estimation
               • Course 17: Questionnaires for Cross-Cultural Surveys
               • Course 18: Surveying Large Scale Political Events

Thanks to our cooperation with CDSS, University of Mannheim<http://gess.uni-mannheim.de/CDSS/>, participants can obtain up to 4 ECTS points per one-week course. “Starred” courses this year take place in collaboration with GESIS Panel Campus<http://www.gesis.org/unser-angebot/daten-erheben/gesis-panel/gesis-panel-campus/>. In addition to courses, we have – also thanks to our sponsors<http://www.gesis.org/index.php?id=6488> – prepared a number of plenary and social events including weekly welcome receptions with finger food and drinks on the GESIS roof terrace, cultural and social outing as well as evening talks by experts in Survey Methodology.

The registration deadline is May 31st (but in order to secure a place and affordable accommodation, we recommend early registration). Those who book and pay for a course by April 30th will receive a 50 Euro discount off the one-week course fees. A limited number of bursaries, provided by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)<http://www.daad.de>, is available for international participants.

You'll find more information on our website at www.gesis.org/summerschool<http://www.gesis.org/summerschool>.

Thank you and best wishes,
The GESIS Summer School Team (Silke Schneider, Evgenia Samoilova and Angelika Ruf)

--
GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences
GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology

email: summerschool at gesis.org<mailto:summerschool at gesis.org>
web: www.gesis.org/summerschool<http://www.gesis.org/summerschool>
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GESISSummerSchool