[EB] erratum cceb 2002.2 - REMINDER

Meinhard Moschner moschner at za.uni-koeln.de
Tue Dec 14 02:41:31 EST 2004

On given occasion I would like to remind you of the the following erratum:

Dear list members,

please notice the following erratum detected for Candidate Countries
Eurobarometer 2002.2 (za study 3979 / icpsr ?).

Contrary to the documentation (basic questionnaire and SPSS value
labels) and in the cases of POLAND and HUNGARY data for Q49
(SATISFACTION WITH DEMOCRACY) are coded inversed, i.e. from (1) VERY
SATISFIED to (4) NOT AT ALL SATISFIED.
The official report 2002.2 (report p. 30 and annex B23) reports the
erroneous frequencies for these two countries. In the subsequent report
2003.2 the documented changes (see annex B18) obviously do consider the
data inversion.

Sorry for the inconvenience
Meinhard

We would kindly like to remember you to keep the archive informed
about   research done with Eurobarometer by you, or in your
organization, or that you   are aware of. We are interested in the
following types of publications: books,   articles, reports, conference
papers, student thesis or dissertations etc.   Please send us citations
as detailed as possible, possibly including  information on the
Eurobarometer data sets and variables (indicators) used,  to:
moschner at za.uni-koeln.de /cc to peterg at icpsr.umich.edu or to the

Please also remember that we always appreciate information about any
errors that you find in Eurobarometer data or documentation.

--

ZentralArchiv für empirische Sozialforschung
Meinhard Moschner
moschner at za.uni-koeln.de
Tel. ++49 +221 47694 21
Fax. ++49 +221 47694 44
For more information on EUROBAROMETER see:
http://www.gesis.org/eurobarometer