[EB] "Extra" variables in Euro-Barometer 44.0 (ICPSR 6721)

Paul H. Bern pbern at Princeton.EDU
Thu Dec 3 13:01:34 EST 1998

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Peter Granda wrote:

> James:

>    Have a look at the document statements at the end of the file of SPSS
> Data Definition Statements while you will find nation-specific variable
> labels.  The 'extra' responses pertain to just a few countries.

This method of notifying users of changes and other "gotchas" in the data
is a real pain.  I just had a user find out, after hours of work, that the
two questions he was most interested in were "embargoed" from the 44.1
data.  Why is this information not included in the main documentation?

Paul

Paul H. Bern                        The only thing worse than
Data and Statistical Services       not getting what you wanted
Princeton University                is getting what you asked for
(609) 258-6053