[EB] Austrian data enquiry

JOCELYN EVANS evans at datacomm.iue.it
Mon Feb 10 11:20:46 EST 1997

My enquiry isn't strictly related to Eurobarometer data as such, but may
be of interest to other comparativists working on parties and voting
behaviour in the future, so I hope no-one objects to this "abuse".

Does anyone know where I can get hold of attitudinal data from Austrian
voters, including a Left-Right placement and political indicators (i.e.
party preference, last party voted for, future intentions) within the
same set?

Fessel and GfK very kindly gave me some data, but the rest of their datasets
are very expensive. I can find SOME money to buy data, but not very large
sums - I'm only a PhD student after all!

Eurobarometer sets are no help - the old ones don't include Austria, and
the new ones are embargo'd until too far in the future to allow me to use
them in my thesis.

Any help would be much appreciated, otherwise I fear my two-system
comparison is going to become a case-study...

Jocelyn Evans
Researcher in Political Science
European University Institute
Florence, ITALY