[DDI-users] DDI Codebook users

Wendy Thomas wlt at umn.edu
Wed Apr 25 19:10:15 EDT 2018

I am interested in the features of DDI Codebook that make it attractive for
use. Some issues could be:

--optional use of ID's
--lack of requirements for resolution systems
--focus on documentation for the end-user (content is intended to be read
by a human)

I'm interested in all the reasons for using DDI-Codebook as a preferred
standard. I'd especially like to hear from the producers and users of
NESSTAR and the IHSN Microdata Toolkit.

Why you ask? I'm personally exploring how DDI can keep Codebook alive and
relevant to your needs. I need your input. Respond to the list or directly
to me.

I really appreciate your time in thinking about and responding to this
inquiry.

Wendy Thomas
Chair, Technical Committee

--
Wendy L. Thomas                              Phone: +1 612.624.4389
Data Access Core Director                 Fax:   +1 612.626.8375
Minnesota Population Center             Email: wlt at umn.edu
University of Minnesota
50 Willey Hall
225 19th Avenue South