[DDI-users] Question for DDI and or Nesstar Publisher users: Is there a way to reference content across DDI codebook studies?

Knut Wenzig kwenzig at diw.de
Thu Jul 6 09:21:33 EDT 2017

Hello,

Am 06.07.2017 um 14:41 schrieb Chifundo Kanjala:
> I am working on a project documenting longitudinal data from a number of
> studies. My question is related to the documentation of data files that
> are used across studies. Is there a way to reference content across
> studies in Nesstar Publisher of generally in DDI codebook?
> I need to do this because some of the data files I am working on are
> used in more than one study. Rather than adding them to each of the
> studies I would like to document them one in one "generic" study and
> then refer to them. Or its only possible in DDI life cycle?

Here https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.167223 you find some slides where I
discuss some possible methods to identify the same/similar stuff in
different waves of a panel. You will have to check whether these
features are available in codebook, but knowing the "right" search terms
should help you a little.

Best regards

Knut Wenzig

--
DIW Berlin — German Institute for Economic Research
Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP)