[DDI-users] DDI Developers Meeting in Cologne after EDDI 2016

Hopt, Oliver Oliver.Hopt at gesis.org
Mon Oct 31 08:47:58 EDT 2016

Hi developers,

at the last developers meeting at IASSIST in Bergen, I (Oliver) volunteered to organize the next developers meeting at EDDI 2016 in Cologne. As the planning of EDDI is now in the final phase, we got offered a full day meeting time after the main track of the conference on Thursday, December 08.

Together with Matthäus Zloch, I spend some thoughts on how to structure this meeting. We would like to split the day into a morning session, where we will have short and not formal presentations, each 30minutes max! In these slots participants will present technical issues they faced and how they have solved it. The focus here lies primarily on sharing knowledge and technologies in the group and thinking about best practices. We need your participation for that and your submissions of topics!

The afternoon session will consist of smaller groups discussing particular issues in more detail. If you want to discuss a special issue you are facing in day-to-day, please submit.

We have set up a google doc for the submission of issues and schedule planning: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S2uMrps8jWlxhWBd66Hg0y9sYEqBmlG6Rsye4eRUgYc/edit?usp=sharing

We have already entered some ideas for topics but it's not necessary, that all of these have to be used.

If you are interested in giving a short and not so formal presentation, please feel free to edit the document directly. Presentations may vary from polished slides to a walk through source files in a GIT repository.

If you are interested in joining the meeting, please send us an email until November 15 for planning space and food. If you know someone who might be interested in this meeting, feel free to forward this mail.

Best regards and looking forward to meet you in Cologne,

Oliver Hopt and Matthäus Zloch

Dipl.-Inf. Oliver Hopt
GESIS - Leibniz-Institut für Sozialwissenschaften
Wissenstechnologien für Sozialwissenschaften (WTS)
Unter Sachsenhausen 6-8
D-50667 Köln
Tel.: +49 - (0)221 - 47694 -542
E-Mail: oliver.hopt at gesis.org<mailto:oliver.hopt at gesis.org>