[DDI-users] Co-existence of Apache web server and Tomcat

Chifundo Kanjala chifundok at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 04:06:15 EST 2015

Dear all

I am wondering if anyone has experience with installing and successfully
running the DDI compliant National Data Archive (NADA) web application on a
server that is also running Tomcat (a container for java applications). I
would like to run the NADA catalogue from a server that already has tomcat
running.
I tried installing WAMP and NADA, NADA worked fine but the tomcat-based
applications stopped working due to mysql copies clashing.

I then followed suggestions from google searches to install tomcat, a java
bridge to enable php to run. While php and mysql seemed to work fine under
this arrangement, NADA could not be successfully installed. So my efforts
so far have not given me positive results.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Chifundo
--
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope."
--Martin Luther King, Jr.