[DDI-users] Request for participation - Survey on metadata management in the educational and social sciences - Phase II

Barkow, Ingo barkow at dipf.de
Wed May 20 10:00:38 EDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

*** Apologies for cross-posting if you received this mail already through a mailing list or another contact ***

as some of you know in December I conducted a survey on metadata management in the educational and social sciences as part of my doctoral thesis and sent the link to the DDI Users' mailing list (thanks again to all who participated in winter).

Though I got very interesting results and had quite a good number of participants for descriptive statistics the PhD committee now requested some deeper analysis which is not possible with my sample size. Unfortunately this means another data collection. To increase my participation rate I created a very short questionnaire for the second phase with only the most important questions from the first survey. The target group (or to say it more DDI-ish universe) are researchers working in the field of educational sciences or social sciences. It would be great if the DDI community was able to help me out with some replies.

If you already answered the previous questionnaire it is fine to take part in the second round as well.

The average time for filling in the questionnaire is only 6-7 min. The number of questions you will be asked varies between 5-14 questions depending on your answers. Furthermore please try to answer the questionnaire to the end even if you have to use the "Do not know" option a lot. This is not problematic.

The participation in this study is completely voluntarily and your answers will be anonymized.

I would very much appreciate it if you find the time to answer this very short questionnaire as soon as possible or even forward it to some of your colleagues within your network.

The results from the doctoral thesis will be used to improve current metadata management procedures in the educational sciences and open source software products basing on those models. So your answers might really have an impact on upcoming processes or software solutions.

Here is the link to the web survey:

http://dmsurvey.limequery.org/index.php/881272/lang-en

For any questions regarding the survey please contact me at ingo.barkow at googlemail.com<mailto:ingo.barkow at googlemail.com>

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Ingo

Ingo Barkow, M.A., M.Sc.

Doctoral School for the Educational Sciences

University of Szeged, Hungary