[DDI-users] Metadata quality survey: Improving metadata in public health and epidemiology research

McMahon, Christiana christiana.mcmahon.11 at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jan 28 07:01:50 EST 2015

**Apologies for any cross posting **

Dear Colleagues,

I am conducting a survey which aims to review current approaches to assessing metadata quality in public health and epidemiology research. With current drives to increase the availability of metadata, and use standards where possible, this survey forms a part of my work looking at ways to improve the quality of metadata. This work complements a recent project I was involved in looking at ways to enhance data discoverability<http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/About-us/Policy/Spotlight-issues/Data-sharing/Public-health-and-epidemiology/WTP054675.htm>,  as commissioned by the Wellcome Trust on behalf on the Public Health Research Data Forum.

My work is being funded by a MRC CASE Studentship with AIMES Grid Services CIC.

I would very much appreciate it if you could complete the survey, and if possible, circulate this invitation further. The survey should not take more than 10 minutes to complete, but the option to save your answers and return to the survey later is available.

Survey link: https://epilab.ich.ucl.ac.uk/redcap/surveys/?s=DP6UycTtmP

The survey will close on: 13th February 2015

If you have any questions, please see below for my contact details.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best wishes
Christiana

Christiana McMahon
PhD Student

The Farr Institute of Health Informatics Research | Institute of Health Informatics | University College London| 222 Euston Road | London NW1 2DA
Tel : +44 (0)20 3549 5338; (internal): 65338 | Email: christiana.mcmahon.11 at ucl.ac.uk<mailto:christiana.mcmahon.11 at ucl.ac.uk>

Website: http://www.farrinstitute.org

The Farr Institute of Health Informatics Research is funded by The Medical Research Council, in partnership with Arthritis Research UK, the British Heart Foundation, Cancer Research UK, the Economic and Social Research Council, the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, the National Institute of Health Research, the National Institute for Social Care and Health Research (Welsh Assembly Government), the Chief Scientist Office (Scottish Government Health Directorates) and the Wellcome Trust.