[DDI-users] Question about Dublin Core elements

Wendy Thomas wlt at umn.edu
Tue Jan 13 18:18:47 EST 2015

Hi everyone!
Trying to get some user feedback. When we expanded the use of native Dublin
Core from the base set to qualified Dublin Core (DDI-C 2.5 and DDI-L 3.2)
we did it in a way that used the namespace dc: for all elements regardless
of whether they were dc or dcterms. I use both in some bibliographic
management at the MPC and was wondering if the consistent use of the single
namespace dc: caused problems for people.

I ask because we want to update the dcterms.xsd distributed in the DDI
package to the 2008 version (which adds a number of elements). My gut
response was to do so in a way that supported the use of both dc and
dcterms but wanted to check with those of you who currently use it,
especially if you use objects from the dcterms.xsd.

Thanks for your input!
Wendy

--
Wendy L. Thomas                              Phone: +1 612.624.4389
Data Access Core Director                 Fax:   +1 612.626.8375
Minnesota Population Center             Email: wlt at umn.edu
University of Minnesota
50 Willey Hall
225 19th Avenue South