[DDI-users] DDI 3.2 QuestionMatrixType

Wendy Thomas wlt at umn.edu
Tue Jan 7 16:59:32 EST 2014

Hi Jasper,

This is a typo as there is no such thing as a QuestionMatrix...just a
QuestionGrid. Can you let me know the location of this so I can correct it
prior to publication? Thanks!

TC will be meeting on Thursday and looking at what needs to get done to
publish 3.2. Parts I and II will only be in draft form and then updated
with a sub-minor revision. Otherwise, given their size and coverage we
would be holding up publication of 3.2 just for these documents. We realize
they are important to users, but TC has only so much band width for working
on these. We are revising how these are created so that we hopefully ease
some of the burden of creating these two documents in the future.

Wendy

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Jasper Dunker <jasper.dunker at uni-muenster.de
> wrote:

> Hi, I’m a bit confused about the upcoming changes to the data collection
> schema. The change document for 3.2 states that the
> MultipleQuestionItemType is going to be replaced by a new type called
> QuestionMatrixType and QuestionBlockType. It also announces the
> introduction of a QuestionGrid type. When searching the 3.2 schema draft I
> can find QuestionGrid but not QuestionMatrix.
>
> Does that mean that QuestionMatrix is postponed until a later version of
> DDI or was it cut because QuestionGrid can be used instead?
>

> And is there any ETA for updated 3.2 docs (Part I & II)?
>

> Best Regards
>

> Jasper

Wendy L. Thomas                              Phone: +1 612.624.4389
Data Access Core Director                 Fax:   +1 612.626.8375
Minnesota Population Center             Email: wlt at umn.edu
University of Minnesota
50 Willey Hall
225 19th Avenue South