[DDI-users] Issue 585

Johan Fihn johan.fihn at snd.gu.se
Mon May 20 03:09:29 EDT 2013

Dear Wendy,

The issue with the difficulties of having to create a GeographicLocationScheme + GeographicStructureScheme is something I brought up during the Q&A session on EDDI in Gothenburg. IIRC your answer then was to use the corresponding Dublin Core field instead. What I would like to say with this is the same as I said then. The current structure is way too complicated if all you want to do is say that a study covers e.g. Sweden or Germany. I am in full support of your suggested solution.

Best regards,
Johan

_______________________________________

Johan Fihn

Svensk Nationell Datatjänst
(Swedish National Data Service)
Gegerfeltska villan
Box 300
405 30 Göteborg
(Sweden)

Besöksadress/Visiting address: Arkitektgatan 3

johan.fihn at snd.gu.se<https://webmail.gu.se/owa/redir.aspx?C=biCbsbBdD02N0Fbl7NZdszST7ZH9wc8IUD3EQDm8e9XtJk1UhzahEFP0VRGn12AL5Fq_zpN80BA.&URL=mailto%3ajohan.fihn%40ssd.gu.se>
Ph: +46 (0)31 786 1252
Fax: +46 (0)31 786 4913
http://www.snd.gu.se<https://webmail.gu.se/owa/redir.aspx?C=biCbsbBdD02N0Fbl7NZdszST7ZH9wc8IUD3EQDm8e9XtJk1UhzahEFP0VRGn12AL5Fq_zpN80BA.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ssd.gu.se%2f>