[DDI-users] [DDI-SRG] ISSUE 602

Wendy Thomas wlt at umn.edu
Sun Jun 2 11:18:35 EDT 2013

Actually what I was saying is that this wouldn't work. This is why
QuestionText is repeatable...for language.

This way I can create an English language question with the condition,
a German language question with condition etc. This is why
QuestionText is repeatable.

Note to Jeremy, we spent about 20 minutes on this during a conference
call. Our concern at the time was that we had made what had been
LiteralText/Text a structured string. When we changed structuredstring
to a bundle this caused problems with LiteralText as it made it
difficult if not impossible to unbundle. Therefore we made it contain
r:Content which was the single language content with optional XHTML.

We did note at the time that there may be situations particularly with
educational testing where you would want part of the literal text
changable by language and part to remain constant. In other words
whether your primary language is English, Spanish, or Polish, I want
to know your interpretation of a German word X.

Wendy

Minnesota Population Center             Email: wlt at umn.edu
University of Minnesota
50 Willey Hall