[DDI-users] Hackathon for DDI-RDF mappings 24-25th of October in Copenhagen

Olof Olsson olof.olsson.2 at gu.se
Wed Aug 21 04:24:39 EDT 2013

At IASSIST in Cologne we talked about getting together and make implementations of the mapping for the DDI Discovery vocabulary (DISCO) and DDI-C/DDI-L.

The tasks we want to collaborate on is:
*DDI-L (and DDI-C) to DDI-RDF stylesheet
*Converting existing DDI-L/DDI-C to DDI-RDF
*Deploy an SPARQL endpoint
*Write SPARQL queries (based on http://rdf-vocabulary.ddialliance.org/discovery.html#example-queries )
*Write proof of concept applications and widgets based on these queries

Jannik have a really nice room booked at the Danish national archive 24-25th of October in Copenhagen where we can get together and work on these tasks.
If you have any questions please contact Jannik and/or Olof.
If you can´t attend but want to contribute, we can get you in on skype during the kickoff and assign you tasks via the github page.

Links:
Information and registration for the hackathon: https://ddi-rdf-hackaton.eventbrite.ca
Current draft of the specification: http://rdf-vocabulary.ddialliance.org/discovery.html
DDI-RDF (DISCO) specification on github: https://github.com/linked-statistics/disco-spec
Current state of the XSLT mapping: https://github.com/linked-statistics/DDI-RDF-tools

If you know someone who would find this work interesting, please forward this email to them.

We are looking forward to hear from you and hope some of you will be able to get to Copenhagen and work on this.

Best regards,
Jannik Vestergaard Jensen, jvj at sa.dk
Olof Olsson, olof.olsson at snd.gu.se