[DDI-users] DDI-L & Blaise

Duffes Guillaume guillaume.duffes at insee.fr
Mon Mar 5 09:15:32 EST 2012

Dear all,

Insee, the French National Statistical Institute, has started a project aiming at building a metadata repository. We have been working on the specification of social survey questionnaires in DDI.
In this context, the question of the crosswalk between DDI and the Blaise datamodels (that are currently used for our CAPI questionnaires) has quickly arisen.
We are aware of tools, such as Colectica and MQDS bridging the gap between DDI and Blaise, but we are wondering what kind of governance structure underpins and endorses this mapping?
In the same line of thinking, as a National Statiscal Institute, it would certainly be of great benefit to get to an articulated scheme of versioning between Blaise  and DDI (especially in the light of the upcoming Blaise 5 and DDI 3.2) in fine. What is the DDI Alliance's stance on that?

Thank you very much for your help.

Guillaume Duffes
(33)141175278
INSEE (French National Statiscal Institute)
France                                            [Image Microsoft Photo Editor 3.0]