[DDI-users] Crosswalk Bettwen DDI and MODS/METS

Wendy Thomas wlt at umn.edu
Mon Jan 30 20:03:39 EST 2012

Dear Minglu,

There is currenlty not a mapping between MODS and DDI but I will look
into it further for you. As for METS, this is a wrapper which has
declared DDI as a means of representing microdata content. There is a
group that is looking at this further to provide clearer guidence. The
primary issue is the top level of what one is describing. Once again,
let me check with a few people and get back to you with additional
detail.

Wendy Thomas
Chair, DDI Technical Implementation Committee