[DDI-users] DDI Extensions

Samuel Spencer theodore.therone at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 05:12:33 EDT 2012

All,

Some recently discussion with Pascal Heus regarding the use of Notes in DDI
and the potential use of XML Extensions as an alternative way of defining
extensions to the standard.
Unfortunately, there aren't any puplic examples of how this may be achieved
in DDI - so to fix this I've done a write up of XML schema substitutions
with some examples to illustrate how this can be used to provide stop gaps
between version, and help feed upstream improvements over time.
I hope this will help some people get there heads around this interesting
and challenging use of XML.

*When DDI isn’t enough – XML Schema Extensions and DDI<http://bit.ly/OQvJMG>
 - *http://bit.ly/OQvJMG

Cheers,
Sam.

--- Specificity is the soul of all good communication ---
--- When the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box ---
Find out more about me: http://about.me/legostormtroopr