[DDI-users] Future Perfect 2012 - Call for contributions now open

sally.vermaaten at stats.govt.nz sally.vermaaten at stats.govt.nz
Sun Jul 31 21:42:47 EDT 2011

Apologies for cross-postings.

Future Perfect Conference 2012: Digital Preservation by Design
Museum of New Zealand, Te Papa Tongarewa, Wellington, NZ
26 – 27 March 2012
Call for Contributions now open

The Digital Preservation by Design theme of Future Perfect 2012 seeks to
stimulate discussion about how, when and why influencing the design of
systems can ensure that today’s information is available tomorrow.

The call for contributions is now open and we welcome proposals for
original presentations and demonstrations on the following topics:

-Where do we start with digital preservation – create a custom-made system
or buy off the peg?
-Who should do digital preservation? Where does preservation fit in the
wider organisational context?
-Case studies of working across disciplines, organisations and the
lifecycle of information to ensure that information is successfully
preserved (e.g. creating preservation ready objects, including preservation
requirements in business systems, taking a cooperative approach to
preservation)
-How do you identify your digital content – using preservation formats and
format libraries
-What are we preserving and how? Are we preserving appearance, structure,
behaviour or content?
-Repository examples, requirements and examples of innovation
-Challenges of preserving data and databases
-What tools are in use and what skills are essential?
-Opening up data and information through standards

We want to hear about innovations, success stories, war stories and
challenges. Your submission can be in the form of a presentation or
demonstration. If you would like to discuss your idea before submitting
your proposal, please contact us. More information can be found on our
conference website www.futureperfect.org.nz

Submissions

Please submit the following information:
Name
Title
Organisation
Email
Title of session
Session type (presentation, panel, demonstration, etc)
Abstract (100-300 words)
Personal Profile (100-200 words)

The deadline for submission of abstracts and accompanying documentation is
August 31st 2011.

Send details to:
Mick Crouch, Conference Convener
Email: mick.crouch at dia.govt.nz
Phone: +64 4 496 1389
www.futureperfect.org.nz

We look forward to discussing ideas for contributions and receiving
abstracts.
Many thanks,
Sally

_________________________

Sally Vermaaten
Information Analyst
Statistics New Zealand
sally.vermaaten at stats.govt.nz
+64 4 931 4377
_________________________
For useful information visit www.stats.govt.nz
Join us on www.facebook.com/StatisticsNZ

====================== Correspondents: Please Note =====================
The information in this email, and any files transmitted with it, is
confidential and is for the intended recipient only.   If you receive
this message in error, please phone us toll free on 0508 525 525, or
advise the sender by reply email.

The content of any email entering or leaving Statistics New Zealand is
automatically scanned, and may be opened and read by security staff.

Statistics New Zealand makes reasonable efforts to ensure that its email
has been scanned and is free of viruses. However, Statistics New Zealand
can make no warranty that this email or any attachments to it are free
from viruses.