[DDI-users] Stat/Transfer does DDI - setting the agency ID

Stefan Kramer stefan.kramer at cornell.edu
Mon Aug 22 08:55:10 EDT 2011

I expect others from the DDI Alliance will weigh in here, but a problem I see with "example.org" as the placeholder is that it may suggest (to the Stat/Transfer user, or sysadmin configuring Stat/Transfer site-wide) that that string should simply be replaced with another Internet domain name, like "cornell.edu" or "dda.dk" or what have you, when it's really supposed to be a DDI agency ID, which is different - as in the example of "gesis.org" (domain name) vs. "de.gesis" (DDI agency ID).  I wonder whether there would be a case for making the placeholder registry.ddialliance.org or somethink else controlled by the DDI Alliance that could then make something useful happen if the placeholder wasn't changed?  Again, I believe this doesn't only affect Stat/Transfer, but also Algenta's Colectica suite of products suppoting DDI 3.

--
Stefan Kramer
stefan.kramer at cornell.edu