[DDI-users] DDI-XML to MARC-XML

Wendy Thomas wlt at umn.edu
Fri Aug 5 09:43:59 EDT 2011

Michelle,

There used to be a mapping published on the web site for DDI-Codebook. I put
it in a book chapter in "Cataloging the Web: Metada, AACR, and MARC21" ALCTS
Papers on Library Technical Services and Collections, No. 10. chapter 23
"DDI, the Data Documentation Initiative: An Introduction tot he Standard and
Its Role in Social Science Data Access" written under the name Wendy
Treadwell.

I can't seem to lay my hands on my pdf copy but will copy out the
appropriate table and send along in a bit.

FYI please note that if the citation is for the XML then it should be the
citation from 1.1. However, some people treat the study citation and the
instance citation as the same object. So this is not always clear.

I'm also checking to see if we did more than the DC mapping for
DDI-Lifecycle

Wendy

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Michelle Edwards <edwardsm at uoguelph.ca>wrote:

> Good day everyone!
>
> Wondering if anyone has or can point me to a crosswalk from DDI-XML to
> MARC-XML.  Does this exist?
>
> Thanks,
> Michelle
>
> --
> A. Michelle Edwards, Ph.D., MLIS
> Academic Director, UG Branch Research Data Centre
> Data Librarian,
> Data Resource Centre, McLaughlin Library
> University of Guelph
> Guelph, ON  N1G 2W1
>
> edwardsm at uoguelph.ca
> 519-824-4120 Ext54539

Wendy L. Thomas                             Phone: +1 612.624.4389
Data Access Core Director                 Fax:   +1 612.626.8375
Minnesota Population Center              Email: wlt at umn.edu
University of Minnesota
50 Willey Hall
225 19th Avenue South