[DDI-users] Introducing the new Head of Information Development and Programming at UK Data Archive

Shepherdson, John W jwshep at essex.ac.uk
Wed Jan 20 05:45:23 EST 2010

Hello there,

I just want to take this opportunity to introduce myself, so that when I post to this list in earnest, you will know who I am.

I joined the UKDA on 4 January 2010 after 22 years spent at British Telecommunications plc (mostly in the Research department). My recent work at BT involved the use of Multi-Agent Systems to co-ordination the activities of virtual teams - you can Google (other search engines are available!) 'J W Shepherdson' if you want to read more about it.

I am now responsible for providing strategic direction and senior management for UK Data Archive systems - supporting resource and data discovery, data access, data management and preservation of social scientific data. I'm also responsible for senior oversight of all software development, implementation and maintenance. As such, I have a growing interest in DDI 3, which I hope to further via this list.

I'm hoping to attend IASSIST 2010, so maybe we can meet up there.

All the best,

John

Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to...
John Shepherdson
Head of Information Development and Programming
UK Data Archive - a service provider for the Economic and Social Data Service (ESDS)
University of Essex
Colchester, CO4 3SQ, UK
Tel: + 44 (0) 1206 873876
Email: jwshep at essex.ac.uk<mailto:schurer at essex.ac.uk>
Web: http://www.data-archive.ac.uk/<https://exchange1.essex.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.data-archive.ac.uk/>

Legal Disclaimer: Any views expressed by the sender of this message are not necessarily those
of the UK Data Archive or the ESDS. This Email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed.