[DDI-users] valuing digital data

Linda.Moore at stats.govt.nz Linda.Moore at stats.govt.nz
Mon Mar 2 14:47:58 EST 2009

While not strictly DDI related, I wonder if anyone on this list can help
me out

I am looking for methodologies to give a value to digital data holdings.
>From my research so far, it seems that few institutions give a value to
their data. It is of course especially difficult to give a value to
official statistical data, such as a population census, which is not
tradeable.

Does anyone know of any methodologies for valuing data, or any
institutions which value their holdings?

Any tips would be much appreciated

Thank you

Linda

Linda Moore
Subject Matter Project Manager
Information Management
STATISTICS NEW ZEALAND

Direct Dial (04) 931 4792
www.stats.govt.nz
Infoshare - your connection to a rich data source.
Available now at www.stats.govt.nz

====================== Correspondents: Please Note =====================
The information in this email, and any files transmitted with it, is
confidential and is for the intended recipient only.   If you receive
this message in error, please phone us toll free on 0508 525 525, or
advise the sender by reply email.

The content of any email entering or leaving Statistics New Zealand is
automatically scanned, and may be opened and read by security staff.

Statistics New Zealand makes reasonable efforts to ensure that its email
has been scanned and is free of viruses. However, Statistics New Zealand
can make no warranty that this email or any attachments to it are free
from viruses.