[DDI-users] Variable representation

Rémi Dewitte remi at gide.net
Wed Apr 15 17:51:11 EDT 2009

Hello,

I need try to figure how to express that a single variable can have an array
value (which can be treated as a bag if order is irrelevant) now :).
There are several advantages when using this kind of variables in the
analysis. It happens to have 40 codes in a code scheme for a question, we
would like to avoid creating/deleting/modifying variables when the code
scheme changes. And it is convenient when doing statistics/crosstabs, you
don't have to do as many crosstabs as there are of codes for example.

What about numeric representation able to reference a code scheme ?

Thanks a lot,
Rémi