[DDI-users] Upcoming DDI Activities

Mary Vardigan vardigan at umich.edu
Tue May 16 11:02:37 EDT 2006

Dear colleagues,

With the IASSIST meeting fast approaching, I wanted to let you know
about the DDI activities planned during the week:

Tuesday
--Workshops in the morning and afternoon:
Workshop 1: A Gentle Introduction to DDI: What's in it for Me?
Workshop 5: Hands-On DDI 3.0 -- Concept, Structure, and Tools

[Note that since these filled up early, we added more seats and there
are still a few spaces left in both workshops. If any of you wants to
sign up, please contact Bree Gunter at bgunter at umich.edu
<BLOCKED::mailto:bgunter at umich.edu> .]

Wednesday evening, 6-8pm, G150 Perry Building (ICPSR Headquarters)
--"Birds of a Feather" Meeting: Roadmap for DDI Tools Development. The
goal of this session is to create a vision for a collection of open
source and other tools for the DDI community. We hope to learn what the
needs are in terms of tools, who may be using tools we can benefit from,
and how we can move forward to create the tools required. Please join us
for a great discussion -- and pizza!

Thursday, Concurrent E, 1:30-3:00pm
--DDI for the Next Decade: Toward Version 3.0 (Part 1)

Friday, Concurrent G, 1:45-3:45pm
--DDI for the Next Decade: Toward Version 3.0 (Part 2)

Saturday, 9:00am-5:00pm, G150 Perry Building
DDI Alliance Expert Committee meeting. A revised agenda is available at:

http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/DDI/committee-info/DDI-Agenda-2006-05-27.pdf

See you very soon!

Regards,
Mary

Mary Vardigan
Assistant Director, Inter-university Consortium
for Political and Social Research (ICPSR)
734-615-7908 (Voice)
734-647-8200 (Fax)
www.icpsr.umich.edu <http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/>