[DDI-users] Improving the DDI Web Site

Andrew Arnott andrewarnott at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 19:47:21 EDT 2005

On 6/22/05, Matthew Richardson <matvey at umich.edu> wrote:

> 1) What parts of the site do you visit most often?

The HTML structural representation of the DDI, where I can click on DDI tags
and get explanations for them.

2) What site features work best for your needs?

The structure.

3) What site features don't work well for you? I.e., what do you think
> most needs improvement? How would you like to see them improved?

Finding the HTML structural representation of the DDI. I just tried looking
now, and I can't find it. I must have forgotten how I got to it before, and
it's not easy to find.

Also, why are there so many "DTD Structure" links on the site that link to
an .XSD (which is a schema, not a DTD). This page is one of several I found
with such links: http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/DDI/users/dtd/index.html

4) What's missing from the site? What do we not offer that you feel would
> be a valuable addition?

A wiki! So the users can create an area to discuss/advertise/show off what
they've done with DDI.

Matthew A. Richardson
> Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research
> Phone: 734.615.7901
> Email: matvey at umich.edu
> "Everything tires with time, and starts to seek some opposition,
> to save it from itself." --Clive Barker, The Hellbound Heart

Andrew Arnott
Web Developer
Brigham Young University
"Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up
and hurry off as if nothing happened." -WC