[DDI-users] Proposed DDI qualitative data extension

Corti, Louise corti at essex.ac.uk
Wed May 12 04:50:00 EDT 2004

Dear all,

I just wanted to alert list members that here at the UKDA we have been
working on a draft DDI qualitative data extension, which will intend to
be applicable to spoken text, diaries, audio etc created from primary
social research etc.   We will be presenting a paper at this forthcoming
IASSIST - in Jostein's session E2: DDI in Practice on Thursday
afternoon.( A DTD for Qualitative Data: Extending the DDI to Mark-up the
Content of Non-numeric Data Elizabeth Bishop & Louise Corti).

We hope that this will start the ball rolling in initiating a special
interest group to help define an agreed DTD for qual data for our
community.

We look forward to seeing you in Madison!

Best wishes,
Louise
Louise Corti

Head ESDS Qualidata and Outreach & Training
UK Data Archive - a service provider of the Economic and Social Data
Service (ESDS)
University of Essex
Colchester CO4 3SQ UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1206 872145
Email: corti at essex.ac.uk
Web: http://www.data-archive.ac.uk and www.esds.ac.uk

not necessarily those of the UK Data Archive or the ESDS. This Email and
any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed.