[DDI-users] File Description cont'd...

Michelle Edwards edwardsm at uoguelph.ca
Tue May 4 11:32:48 EDT 2004

Hello all!

Situation - one survey multiple datafiles. - For example ICPSR #0039.  There are 7 datafiles for this particular survey.  How do we handle this?  In the file description section there are repeatable tags available for this situation.  However - my question is how do we deal with the data?  In section 3 - I would list the 7 files - but then in the variable section what would I do?  Have 7 separate variable sections?

Let's throw this into Nesstar now.  In theory I should only have one entry for this survey with 7 variable sections?  Is this possible?

In our current web retrieval system we've been dealing with these as 7 separate entries..  is this the way to go?

Michelle
A. Michelle Edwards, Ph.D.
Academic Services, CCS
Vehicle Services Bldg, University of Guelph
Guelph, Ontario
N1G 2W1

PH: (519) 824-4120 Ext. 54539
FAX: (519) 767-1620