[DDI-users] Automatic generation of variable-level metadata from SAS/SPSS files

I-Lin Kuo ikuo at icpsr.umich.edu
Tue May 4 09:22:44 EDT 2004

The Nesstar publisher is a commercial tool designed to work with DDI. It is
capable of generating DDI directly from SPSS data definition or portable
files. I believe it works with SAS portable files as well, but may or may
not work with SAS data definition statements. Nesstar also works with STATA
.dta files. See http://www.nesstar.com/products/publisher/

If you will be at the IASSIST 2004 Conference in Madison, WI, Sanda Ionescu
and I will be conducting Workshop 4, which will cover some of these
techniques which don't use Nesstar publisher. See
http://dpls.dacc.wisc.edu/iassist2004/workshops.html (enrollment is limited
to 40).