[DDI-users] Re: orl ICPSR records in local data catalog?

Sherry H. Lake sah at virginia.edu
Thu Mar 25 12:24:57 EST 2004

A question was posted to the ORL mailing list on "Is anyone
downloading
ICPSR's XML study abstracts and including them in
your local data catalog or general library catalog."  At
the
University of Virginia we have converted ICPSR's DDI (XML)
files
to MARC records and have included all of them in our online
catalog.

Go to our online catalog:
http://virgo.lib.virginia.edu

Type "icpsr xml" (without the quotes) in the Quick search
box
and click "Keyword Anywhere"

I would love to share our experience and documentation on
our project.  You can contact me: shlake at virginia.edu
for more information.

P.S. The ICPSR XML records are available via ftp from icpsr:
ftp://ftp.icpsr.umich.edu/pub/matvey/
(in the file abstracts.tar.gz).

Sherry Lake                           shlake at virginia.edu
Geospatial and Statistical Data Center
Alderman Library, University of Virginia
  "A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities
            of life." --- Henry Ward Beecher

--On Monday, March 22, 2004 12:38 PM -0500 "Donna J.