[DDI-users] Documenting rates in the aggregate data extension

Wendy Thomas wlt at pop.umn.edu
Tue Mar 9 10:25:52 EST 2004

This is a discussion I have had with Sanda as she was marking up the
Agriculture Census for us. The problem lies in the fact that the attribute
aggMeth is a fixed controlled list and "percent" is not one of the terms.
Ideally it should be and then there would not be a problem. Until this is
changed I suggested putting it into the measUnit, for example
measUnit="percent farms". Not elegant but it captures the information for
now and can be easily located in the event of a future update of the DTD

Wendy Thomas