[DDI-users] preQtxt for varGrp's

Andrew L Arnott relate_webmaster at byu.edu
Sat Jan 31 12:20:51 EST 2004

For some varGrps, such as the multipleResp types, it makes a lot of sense to
have a preQText attribute.  So that I can do something like:

Please indicate all the devices you have in your home:
 [_] TV
 [_] VCR
 [_] Fridge

In this case, the preQText doesn't correctly apply to TV.  If I were to
remove TV from the list, the preQText should remain.  The preQText doesn't
correctly apply to ALL the items in the list because the grammar would not
be correctly applied to any of them individually.

What do you think?