[DDI-users] DDI and OAI (Open Archives Initiative)

Joachim Wackerow wackerow at zuma-mannheim.de
Thu Jan 22 06:32:39 EST 2004

We are thinking about ways to offer DDI files in an open way to "DDI
retrieval machines" or "DDI search engines", in the OAI sense "service
providers".

In this context I would like to give a hint to an interesting discussion
thread at the OAI implementers group. The main question behind: Is
OAI-PMH a good way to offer DDI files or part of them to service providers?

http://www.openarchives.org/pipermail/oai-implementers/2004-January/thread.html
look for "Requesting a part of a record possible with OAI-OMH?"

OAI - http://www.openarchives.org/

Any other ideas on the subject: how to offer DDI files to search or
retrieval programs?

Achim