[DDI-users] Formatting in question text

Andrew L Arnott relate_webmaster at byu.edu
Thu Feb 26 11:09:41 EST 2004

Hey everyone,

Since the schema is closed, I can't put italics or other formatting in the
question text of my variables using HTML tags.  I have seen disguising the
formatting markup using identities like this:
This is my <em>specially formatted</em> question
To essentially get this:
This is my <em>specially formatted</em> question

My problem with this is an XSLT transforms the DDI into browser HTML, and I
don't know how to write code to reverse this disguising process.

Has anyone done this, or have other ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew Arnott