[DDI-users] How to code repeated elements? (Graham Stark)

Sanda Ionescu sandai at icpsr.umich.edu
Fri Feb 13 14:31:14 EST 2004

Hello, again.
I just thought of another way to do this markup.
It's more economical, but probably a lot harder to automate. The links will
work, though.

<var ID="V1" name="">
<qstn><preQTxt ID="P1">
I am going to read out some words and phrases that have been used about
the political parties. Regardless of which party you would vote for, please
say in each case whether you think the word or phrase is true or not true
of Party A/Party B/Party C<Link refs="L1 L2 L3"/></preQTxt><qstnLit
ID="L1"> <Link refs="P1"/>Understands the problems ordinary people face in
today's world</qstnLit></qstn>
</var>
<var ID="V2" name="">
<qstn ><qstnLit ID="L2"><Link refs="P1"/> Shares my values</qstnLit></qstn>
</var>
<var ID="V3" name="">
<qstn ><qstnLit ID="L3"> <Link refs="P1"/>Is honest and
principled</qstnLit></qstn>
</var>

variable groups could also be created, as shown in my previous example.
Sanda.

Sanda Ionescu,
Research Associate
Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR)
The University of Michigan
P.O. Box 1248
Ann Arbor, MI 48106

Phone: (734) 615-7890