[DDI-users] two DDI questions

Wendy Thomas wlt at pop.umn.edu
Thu Apr 15 12:25:25 EDT 2004

First you can't use the attribute source in that way.
<!ENTITY % a.global 'ID ID #IMPLIED
            xml-lang NMTOKEN #IMPLIED
            source (archive|producer) "producer"'                        >

source refers to the source of the information for this particular element
and can be either the archive or the producer...thats it.

unfortunately there is not a place in this element to provide the source
of the abbreviation....definately a drawback. Your options for entry are
limited to whatever you can do with

<!ELEMENT nation     (#PCDATA|txt|concept|%a.phrase;|%e.form;)*          >
<!ATTLIST nation
     %a.global;
     abbr             CDATA           #IMPLIED                           >

<!ELEMENT txt             (#PCDATA | %a.phrase; | table | %e.form;)*     >
<!ATTLIST txt
     %a.global;
     level          CDATA                    #IMPLIED
     sdatrefs       IDREFS                   #IMPLIED                    >

<!ELEMENT concept  (#PCDATA | %a.phrase; | %e.form;)*                   >
<!ATTLIST concept  %a.global;
                    vocab   CDATA   #IMPLIED
                    vocabURI   CDATA   #IMPLIED                          >

Perhaps
<nation abbr='mx'>
  <concept vocab='ISO 3166'>Mexico</concept>
</nation>

just a thought...wendy