[DDI-users] EAD or ISAD(G) crosswalk for DDI

Mark R. Diggory ddi-users@icpsr.umich.edu
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:38:04 -0500

I can tell you that the Alliance discussed establishing more
"Crosswalks" at the last meeting in October. I personally need to learn
  more about ISAD and EAD before making any judgments myself. I've been
starting to explore its usage for describing collections of DDI studies.

http://dublincore.org/groups/collections/

I think there may be some initial and somewhat generic MARC based
crosswalks that can be performed. But there is also the case that a
large subset of the DDI is not mapped into MARC, I believe its mostly
just the descriptive study level metadata. So, there would have to be
some mappings established directly between DDI and (ISAD or EAD).

Its a good discussion to open up.

-Mark