[DDI-users] Lets make DDI more user-friendly

Jyoti Savla ddi-users@icpsr.umich.edu
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:42:56 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1680092825-1050514976=:96167

Hello Everyone:I am a doctoral student trying really hard to use DDI specifications for a research project.  However, I am jumping all different hoops trying to figure out the HOW TOs and what is the right software to use. There have been some folks on this listseve who have been extremely helpful with their suggestions, thanks to them.  However, I think that if researchers do not get clear guidelines and instructions (esp. people like me who have no clue about HMT, XML, XSLT and so on) they would not bother to use the DDI specifications, solely because the "learning curve IS quite steep".   Trying hard,Jyoti SavlaDepartment of Child & Family DevelopmentUniversity of Georgia

--0-1680092825-1050514976=:96167

<DIV>Hello Everyone:</DIV>
<DIV>I am a doctoral student trying really hard to use DDI specifications for a research project.&nbsp; However, I am jumping all different hoops trying to figure out the HOW TOs and what is the right software to use.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>There have been some folks on this listseve who have been extremely helpful with their suggestions, thanks to them.&nbsp; However, I think that if researchers do not get clear guidelines and instructions (esp. people like me who have no clue about HMT, XML, XSLT and so on) they would not bother to use the DDI specifications, solely because the "learning curve IS quite steep".&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Trying hard,</DIV>
<DIV>Jyoti Savla</DIV>
<DIV>Department of Child &amp; Family Development</DIV>
<DIV>University of Georgia</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
--0-1680092825-1050514976=:96167--