[DDI-users] Looking for a good place to refer to PDF documentation

Elizabeth Bennett ddi-users@icpsr.umich.edu
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:32:52 -0500

I am looking for a place in the codebook to refer to the PDF version(s)
of the questionnaire and codebook that we also provide to users. This is
because we want to extract that information and use an XSL style sheet
to display a link to the PDF version (if it exists -- it doesn't
always.) Does anyone have any ideas about best practices for this? I see
I could put the information in a <holdings> field, but there might be a
better place elsewhere. And my programmer would like it best if we can
put the path to the PDF file in the codebook.

Thanks, as always, for your shared wisdom --

Elizabeth Bennett, CPANDA