[DDI-users] Schema Based DDI Documents

Mark R. Diggory ddi-users@icpsr.umich.edu
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 09:53:34 -0400

Hello,

 I wanted to make the following Schema's available to the Data
Documentation Initiative (in hopes that they might be made available via
your namespace). I've been working on Converting all the DDI Versions
DTDs to w3c Schemas so that they may be utilized within "Container
Based" XML Syntax's (Examples: OAI-MPH, SOAP, XML-RPC, and METS).

The Schemas are available at this location.

http://vdc.fas.harvard.edu/VDC/ddi/

The following Schema's do not contain xsd:documentation elements, but
could be easily expanded to include documentation elements that could be
used to present information on DDI schema content.

-Mark Diggory
Software Engineer
Harvard MIT Data Center