[DDI-users] Passing line breaks to DDI-XML

Fredy Kuhn fredy.kuhn@sidos.unine.ch
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 17:11:28 +0200

Sigbjoern, thank you - yes it works; I remember Matti from FSD used a =
lot of <blockquote>'s in his XSL. So it would be a quick solution to =
create preformatted text blocks (say 50 chars wide?), with paragraphs as =
needed.

After reading ICPSR's remarks on =
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/ORG/aboutxml.html about <abstract>:

    "Paragraph breaks are not entirely stylistic;=20
    they represent a separation of ideas"

... I'm still asking myself if we should have, as a more general =
solution, DTD-based instructions to deal with line feeds & paragraphs, =
to prevent anticipating the text flow formatting on XML level.=20

P.S. Does somebody know how Nesstar deals (or will deal) with such CDATA =
sections?

For now, thank you
Freddy

----- Original Message -----=20