[DDI-users] ICPSR VERSION Question

Mary Vardigan maryv@icpsr.umich.edu
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:26:07 -0400

Thanks for your question, Sherry. We have not actually started using
the ICPSR VERSION field yet but have added the capability for it to
streamline our process for creating "front matter" for codebooks (we
need this information parsed out from the citation in order for it to
appear on the title page). This field will essentially contain
information duplicated in the citation. Ultimately, it is one step
toward being able to automatically generate a citation from its
component parts.

I hope this makes sense...

Mary